Saturday, July 08, 2006

Where have I been?

So I realized that I hadn't posted a darn thing to my blog for about nine months. I blame my job.

I didn't want this blog to be about work, as so many blogs are. I wanted it to be a break from work. I wanted it to be a place where I could discuss my hobbies and other activities. Unfortunately, I haven't had many other activities lately, apart from Ultimate Frisbee and that unfortunate World of Warcraft addiction I've contracted.

I work for a software company that's facing some stiff competition. We're an interesting product of globalization: a small, global firm. We've got offices on three continents and roughly 200 staff.

Previously, each regional unit ran its own shop, but as our industry consolidated, we've had to start acting more and more as a single entity. It's proving to be a very, very hard thing to do. Headquarters hasn't really come to grips with the problem and as a result, those of us in the field have been groping for our own solutions to urgent problems.

So I've been embroiled in efforts to set up various wiki, forum, and blog sites in a desperate attempt to improve internal and external communications. So I've actually been authoring an awful lot of articles. They just weren't posted here.

No comments: